Years ago, the Legacy of Kain online fan community's frustration had reached its peak regarding the people in charge's unwillingness to release a new title to the series. This came as evidence of cancelled games begun to spring forth, particularly one dubbed Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophecy.
And so, collectively, we said:
We will not wait for them to release a new addition.
This website was created to be an online Legacy of Kain library of sorts, with links to every single, reasonably active Legacy of Kain fangame (and project) out there. Its ultimate purpose, which consisted in convincing the decision-makers to release the game we all wanted by demonstrating our unending loyalty, support and dedication to the Legacy of Kain series, still stays true to this day.
Especially after the plug was recently pulled on Nosgoth.
Below are projects that are planning to be or are being made; however, they have been posted here and not in the Fangames page since their materialization is not as likely as the latter ones. Clicking each one of them will take you to its respective website through the opening of a new window:
- One movie. As the Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons website is forever down and has been replaced by its Facebook page, the status of a forum member named toface's project is no longer known. If anyone knows a way of contacting this user and finding out what happened to his movie, this information would highly be appreciated.
- A Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver remake.
- Nosgothica 3D v.1.0 - Timestreamer, a 3D and fully interactive Legacy of Kain timeline and map. (This will be moved to the Fangames page once the final update is released by Jake Pawloski, creator of Legacy of Kain: Dark Renaissance a.k.a. Prodigal Sons.)
- Fall of Nosgoth, Ascare's game which was co-developed by Raina Audron, has had its link disappear. If anyone can get in contact with him and make him host the game download somewhere, this, too, would highly be appreciated.
- Spirit Noir is a graphic novel based on the Legacy of Kain. So far, the website's comic strips are not visible, but they could be in time.
- Nosgoth Chronicles was a project led by DallasXIII, a Russian Legacy of Kain fan. It was cancelled. Since its trailer as well as these pictures remain, it will be mentioned here solely for historical purposes.
- Reanimation: Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen is a project on the global alteration of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion into the universe of Legacy of Kain. Each piece is recreated completely practically from zero: landscape, characters, beasts and monsters, structure and so forth. It was hosted on Nosgothica.ru, a Russian fansite that has since gone offline. Nosgothica.ru used to also have an online music-player for the soundtrack of each Legacy of Kain game. Any information on either of these would be appreciated.
- On Nosgoth.fr, a French fansite that has since gone offline, there used to be two fangames: Vorador (takes place in an alternate reality that doesn't take in consideration the events of Defiance) and Legacy of Kain: Blood Reaver - Trial Edition (discontinued). Any information on either of these would be appreciated.
- Wrace from Nosgothica (Russian fansite that is now offline) for linking to this website as well as always pointing out the broken links within it so that they may be fixed;
- Hashakgik888, Raina Audron, Rivenmjk (a.k.a. Majinkura) and Vampmaster from Square Enix's Nosgoth forums, as well as Justin Blasdel and Melshisedek, for recommending the insertion and deletion of certain links, which a certain, naughty webmaster had not yet done.
If you have any projects that you would like included here instead of the Fangames page, .